It is the first of December and magic is in the air. Christmas is shortly around the corner and we all are recovering from indulging during Thanksgiving. It only takes a couple of days to feel you have gotten derailed and all the progress you have made has been thrown out the window. I know that is how I am feeling right now!
But with every first day of the month it is a great way to start fresh and get back on track. I know that this thanksgiving I did not hold back and I definitely consumed twice the amount of calories allowed in a given day for multiple days! But now is the time to look forward and get back into healthy habits. I am going to kick myself into gear and I’m implementing a challenge to start everyday off right for the month of December and I want you to join!
Every morning right when you wake up roll out of your bed and start your timer.
Five Workouts for one minute intervals:
- Sit-Ups: Lay with your back on the ground, feet flat and knees bent. Place your hands behind your head and bend using your abs raising your chest to your knees.
- Push-ups: Place hands under your shoulders as you lower your body, keep your back straight and neck straight, don’t let either drop. In a controlled speed drop your body till your chest grazes the floor and push back up. If you can’t do a push-up start with modified. It is important to start somewhere that you are comfortable and capable of doing it properly. The strength will come!
- Bicycle Crunches: Lay with your back on the ground, feet flat and knees bent. Place knees at 45 degree angle using a bicycle motion and as your knee comes close use your opposite elbow twisting side to side.
- Leg Lifts: Lay with your back on the ground and legs together. Lift your legs using your lower core till they are 90 degrees and then lower without touching the ground keeping control the entire time.
- Plank: Bend your arms and allow weight to be on your forearms and feet. Straighten your body from your shoulders to ankles and hold the position engaging your abs.
Know that if you can’t immediately do it for the five minutes switch on and off every 30 seconds, its okay to modify! Everyone has a different baselines and if you feel like this was a breeze step it up and go through it twice doing a 10 minute exercise. I encourage you to push yourself out of your comfort zone and feel the burn. Seize the morning and take advantage of starting it off right!